Skip Navigation Links.
Terms and Conditions Of Student Participation in the TAMU-Blinn TEAM Program
- Guaranteed Admission Successful completion of the TAMU-Blinn TEAM Program guarantees full admission to Texas
A&M University (TAMU) but does not guarantee admission to a particular college or major. Students who complete the grade
and credit requirements will be automatically admitted (no application is required). Students may choose to compete for transfer
admission prior to completion of grade and credit requirements by submitting a transfer application. A student who does not
successfully complete the program or gain transfer admission will not be able to continue their enrollment at TAMU after the
second year, but may become eligible for readmission as a returning former student after this contract has expired and one
regular semester’s absence from TAMU (subject to current readmission criteria).
- Grade and Credit Requirements Successful completion of the program requires that participants have a cumulative
minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on at least 45 credit hours of transferable work from Blinn College and a cumulative
minimum GPA of 3.0 on at least 15 credit hours from TAMU and:
- At least 12 of the 15 credits taken at TAMU must be in three or four credit hour courses that satisfy TAMU Core
Curriculum or Degree requirements; and
- Courses taken at Blinn College must be appropriate for the student’s desired major at TAMU. Courses other than
these may not be counted toward meeting the minimum required credits; and
- Any transferable credits earned through institutions other than Blinn College or TAMU prior to entry into the Blinn
TEAM Program will count toward the Blinn credit requirement, but grades received for these credits will not count
toward the Blinn GPA requirement. Once a student has entered the Blinn TEAM Program, all credits must be earned
at TAMU and Blinn College if they are to be used to satisfy TEAM completion requirements. Any Credit by Examination
received through TAMU before the start of the TEAM Program will count toward the Blinn credit requirement.
- Enrollment TEAM students must meet the following enrollment guidelines:
- TEAM students must enroll for a minimum of 12 total credit hours each Fall and Spring semester. Three to five hours
will be at TAMU (including one three or four credit hour course that satisfies a TAMU Core Curriculum or Degree
requirement), and the remainder will be at Blinn College. Exceptions to these guidelines will be approved only under
- TEAM students who successfully complete a total of 15 credit hours during a semester will be allowed to request
enrollment in six hours at TAMU the following semester.
- TEAM students may enroll in a total of six TAMU credit hours during the summer. A TEAM student may enroll in a total
of six Blinn credit hours per summer term. The combined maximum limit for summer school courses is 14 credit hours.
Exceptions to these guidelines will be approved only under extenuating circumstances.
- TEAM students who Q-drop or withdraw from his/her TAMU course(s) and fall below one credit will be withdrawn from
TAMU for that semester, thus forfeiting all TAMU student privileges for the remainder of the term (i.e., use of campus
facilities, residence halls, sports tickets, etc.). Unless otherwise prohibited, this student may continue in the TEAM
Program in the subsequent semester.
- TEAM students must plan their course schedules so as to ensure completion of the program requirements in a timely
manner as required in #5 below.
- GPA Calculation A GPA will be calculated at each institution based on the courses taken by the student at that institution.
Grades for all transferable courses are to be used in the computation of the GPA at the respective institutions, including the
following: Failing grades, repeated courses, WF, Incomplete, etc. Grades reported as Incomplete are computed as Fs until
the Incomplete is replaced with a grade.
- Timely Completion Students participating in the TEAM program must satisfactorily complete the program requirements
within a period that begins with the Fall semester of the year of admission to the program, and ends with completion of the
first summer session following the second year of enrollment in the program. Students must make appropriate progress on
passed credit hours and GPA to remain in the program.
- Removal from TAMU-Blinn TEAM Program Students removed from the program for academic or disciplinary reasons
will not be guaranteed admission to TAMU. Students removed from the program will not be permitted continued enrollment
at TAMU, but may continue enrollment at Blinn College at the discretion of Blinn officials. Students who are in good
academic standing (GPA> 2.0), but are not projected to successfully complete the program requirements or qualify for
transfer admission, may be removed from the program. Such students may become eligible for readmission as returning
former students after this contract has expired, and after a minimum one semester absence from TAMU (subject to current
- Fees The payment of fees made to each institution must meet the respective institution’s deadline.