Link to News Link to Calendar Link to Courses Link to Maps Link to People Directory Search our site

Star Award
Skip Navigation Links.

Frequently Asked Questions

Where will I go for academic advising? You will be able to consult academic advisors at both schools. Your primary academic advisors are located in the Transition Academic Programs (TAP) Advising Office in Hotard Hall (near the A&M water tower, next to the Post Office). Blinn College academic advisors are located in the Central Administrative Services Building at 3125 S. Texas Avenue, Suite 1900 in the Tejas Shopping Center in Bryan (corner of Texas Avenue and Villa Maria). This is conveniently situated at the midpoint of the main route between Texas A&M University and Blinn College.

How will I set up my class schedule(s)? Incoming TEAM students will register for courses while attending a New Student Conference on the Texas A&M University campus. Academic advisors from both A&M and Blinn will be present to make appropriate course recommendations. Factors that influence suggested courses include: Core Curriculum requirements, previously-earned college credits (such as dual credits or AP credits), choice of academic major, exam scores such as TSI/SAT/ACT or Math Placement Exams, prerequisite limitations, and course availability.

TEAM students must coordinate their class schedules between the two schools to avoid time conflicts. The goal is to minimize transitions between campuses. Many students have found that a Monday/Wednesday/Friday class schedule at A&M and a Tuesday/Thursday schedule at Blinn (or vice versa) is most efficient. If such a schedule is not possible, you may need to have classes on both campuses on the same day. If so, you should try to schedule one campus in the morning and the other in the afternoon to minimize transitions. Always allow at least one hour between classes (for commuting and parking) when you change campuses during the day.

Where will I eat? You may want to wait until you know where you will live, and what your class schedule will be, before you decide on meal arrangements. All students living on the A&M campus are required to purchase a dining plan, but any student may purchase a plan regardless of where they reside. The dining plan will be linked to your student ID card and can be used in all University Dining locations.

There is a food court on the Blinn campus, but it is not part of A&M’s Dining Services. Students, particularly members of the Corps of Cadets, should evaluate where they will be at meal times before deciding on the A&M dining plan to purchase. Visit the A&M Dining Services website for details (

Can I apply for on-campus housing at TAMU? Yes, TEAM students are eligible to apply for on-campus housing. Students who participate in the Corps of Cadets are guaranteed on-campus housing. TEAM students who wish to join the Corps should submit a housing application, and answer “yes” to the question about Corps participation.

What do I do if I want to be in the Corps of Cadets? Contact information for the Corps is available online at or 1-800-TAMU-AGS.

Will I be able to join a sorority or fraternity at TAMU?
YES: Collegiate Panhellenic Council (CPC) sororities
YES: Multicultural and National Pan-Hellenic Council (NPHC) organizations
YES: Fraternities (Interfraternity Council Organizations)

If I run into a problem in a course, will I be able to drop the course? Yes, you may drop a course at Blinn or A&M, but there are deadlines for dropping courses at each school. (Consult the Blinn and A&M academic calendars.) If you drop a course you may fall behind schedule and need to make up those credits in summer school or subsequent semesters. You must plan to complete the TEAM Program requirements by the end of the first summer session following the sophomore year. Never drop a course without first consulting an academic advisor!

Do I have to have a certain grade point average (GPA) at both Blinn and A&M every semester? No, it is your cumulative GPA that is most important. It is easier to maintain a high GPA each semester rather than trying to raise it late in the program.

Will I be able to enroll for courses in my future major at A&M? Students are able to enroll in some courses that apply to all majors. However, there may be limited or no access at A&M to freshman and sophomore-level courses in majors such as Architecture, Business, Engineering, and Health & Kinesiology. (TEAM students are able to take some equivalent courses in these subject areas at Blinn.) There may be increased possibilities of taking courses in these majors at A&M during summer school. If you have questions about making the transition to these majors, talk to a Transition Academic Programs advisor.

What happens if I fall short of the TEAM program’s academic requirements? Many TEAM students strive to transition before the two year TEAM program ends. Students who have not transitioned to degree-granting majors by the end of the program may be able to gain readmission into majors (as returning former students), subject to current readmission policies.

What tuition and fees do I have to pay? You will have to pay all required tuition and fees (separately) at both schools. The payment of fees made to each institution must meet the respective institution’s deadline. Both schools drop courses if payment deadlines are missed.

Many TEAM students are able to qualify for financial aid based on the combination of courses at Blinn and A&M. The Texas A&M Scholarships & Financial Aid Office disburses financial aid to eligible TEAM students. The final Blinn College payment deadline sometimes occurs prior to financial aid having been disbursed, nevertheless each student is responsible for meeting the payment deadline. Registering for Direct Deposit will speed the flow of financial aid (

The Texas Guaranteed Tuition Plan (TGTP), formerly known as the "Texas Tomorrow Fund," may be used simultaneously at both schools. Students must follow the established procedures for Blinn and A&M each semester. Contact the respective financial aid offices for details.

May I take classes during the summer at A&M and/or Blinn? Yes. Students do not have to be co-enrolled at both schools during the summer. Realize that after a student begins the TEAM program, only courses completed at A&M and Blinn may satisfy the TEAM admission requirements. (Courses taken at hometown community colleges may still be transferred to satisfy degree requirements, but such courses will not count toward completion of the TEAM program requirements.) Blinn College offers many distance education courses during the summer that will count toward the TEAM requirements while allowing a student to complete them from home.

Do college credits I earned while in high school count toward completion of the TEAM program requirements? Yes. Transferable credits earned prior to beginning the program will count toward completion of the Blinn 45-credit hour requirement, but course grades earned at other schools will not affect the Blinn or A&M GPA. After a student has begun the TEAM program, courses completed at schools other than Blinn College or Texas A&M University will not count toward completion of the TEAM program requirements.

May I manage a part-time job while attending college? We recommend you limit work commitments until you meet the academic requirements of the TEAM program.

Will I be able to participate in NCAA sports? No. Due to national regulations only students fully enrolled at an institution are eligible to represent that team in NCAA sports.

Will I be able to participate in Sport Clubs? You may be able to participate in sport clubs. All sport clubs are associated with National Governing Bodies, and may require full-time status at one school. Please contact the sport clubs office or the club directly for specific information. Any student can participate in intramurals.